To be informed of the latest news
Analysis and expertise of metallic alloys used in medical devices following relevant standards
With excellent mechanical, biocompatibility and resistance properties, metallic alloys used to manufacture medical devices are quite varied : austenitic stainless steel, martensitic stainless steel, precipitation hardening stainless steel, titanium, titanium alloys, chromium/cobalt alloys…
FILAB laboratory is able to analyze your alloys intended for the manufacture of Medical Devices.
The analysis of metallic alloys for medical devices : one of FILAB’s specialty
For over 20 years FILAB laboratory has been able to provide expertise and analysis services for metallic alloys to hundreds of clients, some of which were provided with ISO 17025 accreditation.
FILAB laboratory is able to provide you with its experience and specific skillset for the following services :
- Material compliance analysis including Cr/Co, Titanium and all kinds of steel
- Analysis of surgical implants in accordance with the ASTM 1295, ASTM F138, ASTM F90, ASTM F136, ASTM F139, etc. standards
- Metallographic examination of alloys used in medical devices
- Measurement of coating thickness on metal parts
- Study of the corrosive resistance of alloys used in medical devices
- Study of fissures
- Analysis and characterization of surfaces (rugosity, defects…)
- Chemical characterization in accordance with the ISO 10993-18 standard
Our analytical methods for alloys used in medical devices
In a laboratory, the analysis of alloys used in Medical Devices are mainly carried out with the use of specific analyzers (C, H, O, N, S) and by ICP. Complementary structural analyses ( XRD analysis) and granulometric analyses (performed by sieving, laser granulometry…) are also regularly implemented for the analysis of alloys used in medical devices.
With extensive experience in the implementation of these analytical techniques and the development of specific methods for the determination of alloy grades used in medical devices and ferroalloys, FILAB laboratory is able to assist you with your analytical needs by analyzing your alloys.
For more information, feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com or over the phone by calling +33 (0)3 80 52 32 05
Discover our laboratory’s other metallurgical analysis services !