To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory analysis of bronze
You want to perform an alloy analysis on bronze?
Bronze is any mixture of pure copper (with a composition of more than 65%) and tin (whose composition is usually less than 15%).
Some elements such as phosphorus, zinc, lead, antimony, arsenic, nickel, iron, silver and sometimes even aluminum or manganese can be added.
There are however two types of bronze according to their composition:
up to 16% tin, these bronzes are alloys for wrought (welding or hot forging).
above 16% tin, they are foundry alloys.
Mainly used in the field of art, they are also used as friction material for the manufacture of components for the mechanical and electrical industries.
Chemical analysis of bronze: a FILAB laboratory skill
For more than 20 years, FILAB laboratory has been providing metallurgical analysis services to several hundred customers, some of them under COFRAC ISO 17025 accreditation.
The FILAB laboratory puts its experience and specific skills at your disposal to control the quality of copper and its alloys, particularly bronze
- Analysis of the chemical composition and grade control of bronze alloys
- Study of the conformity of a bronze with customer specifications
Our analytical park dedicated to bronze analysis:
- Elemental analysis techniques ICP-AES and ICP-MS
- Spark Spectrometry SEO
- Elemental analysis C/S, N/O, H
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM-EDX)
To see further: our expertise on bronze alloys
In addition to routine metallurgical analyses, FILAB laboratory provides you with expertise in metallurgical analyses and failure studies on your copper-based bronze samples:
- Metallographic examination of bronze
- Thickness measurement of bronze metal part coatings
- Analysis of welds on bronzes
- Study of corrosion resistance on bronzes
- Study of fracture surfaces on bronzes
- Analysis and characterization of surfaces (roughness, defects,…) on bronzes
- Study of aging (corrosion phenomenon, surface alteration, …) on bronzes
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²