To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory analysis of metal chips
You need to analyse metal chips
What is a metal chip?
Why perform a metal chip analysis?
The analysis of chips usually consists of the analysis of its chemical composition for two main reasons:
- Analysis of metal chips allows the chemical composition of the metal part from which the chips originated to be verified/determined without compromising the integrity of the metal part.
- In the case of metal chips of unknown origin, the analysis of the chemical composition of the metal chips makes it possible to determine the type of metal from which the chips originated and therefore provides crucial information in the search for the origin of these chips.
The support of a laboratory competent in the analysis of metal chips is therefore decisive in responding to these problems.
The FILAB laboratory offers you tailor-made support in the analysis of metal chips
Through our three levels of services: analysis, expertise and R&D support, FILAB assists companies from all sectors in the analysis of metal chips. FILAB provides its customers with the know-how and experience of its team, as well as a 2100m² analytical park equipped with state-of-the-art equipment.
Our technical resources
- Determination of the elements present: ICP analysis (ICP-MS and ICP-AES)
- Nitrogen (N) determination by elemental analyzer
- Carbon (C) determination by elemental analyzer
- Sulphur (S) determination by elemental analyser
To go further
- Determination of metal alloy grades
- Expertise of failures on metal parts
- Analysis of metal alloys in medical devices
- Wire analysis in the laboratory
- Analysis of the chemical composition of metal alloys
- Analysis of metal alloys for the transport industry
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²