To be informed of the latest news
Your needs: evaluate the resistance of a product in its environment
The study of material ageing (polymer, metallic material, ceramic, etc.) is essential for the qualification of the finished product before it is marketed. This approach makes it possible to avoid any risk of failure during its use and to evaluate the product’s lifespan.
For this purpose, ageing tests consist of simulating the evolution of a material under real conditions by subjecting it to particular constraints.
Grouped under the term accelerated ageing tests, we can also talk about climatic conditioning tests (salt spray, damp heat, thermal shock, UV resistance, etc.), mechanical fatigue tests (traction, compression, alternating torsion, flexion, etc.) and corrosion tests (synthetic sweat, thioacetamide, etc.).
Our solutions: characterise and study ageing phenomena on your industrial materials
With significant experience in the study of materials, the FILAB laboratory assists manufacturers in qualifying their products before they are put on the market, through in-depth ageing tests and recommendations on optimising production processes.
To carry out these studies, FILAB offers the following services to manufacturers
- Surface treatment ageing studies
- Study of fracture surfaces
- Weld inspection
- Characterisation of corrosion mechanisms
- Salt spray ageing test
- Study of wear and premature ageing phenomena
- Development of accelerated ageing tests
- Study of chemical compatibility
- Characterisation of defects, degradation, surface morphology and adhesion problems
- Study of cross-linking phenomena of varnishes, paints, polymers, etc.
- Study of thermal stability
- Characterisation of polymer degradation (swelling, wear, etc.)
- Nickel release test
- Synthetic sweat and thioacetamide test
- Support in the choice of materials
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²