Scanning electron microscopy SEM-EDX in an analytical laboratory
What exactly is Scanning electron microscopy ?
Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM-EDX) is an analytical technique which uses a Field Emission Gun (FEG) and produces high resolution images of a sample’s surface (1 000 000x zoom)
This new SEM-EDX with column signal detection 20 times more powerful than a conventional Scanning Electron Microscope allows FILAB to carry out analyses with high added value and to get much clearer images for fast, non-destructive and accurate observations and investigations.
The FILAB analytical laboratory is today one of the first French laboratories to own a Zeiss GEMINI SEM microscope. This analytical tool is particularly powerful and efficient for rapidly diagnosing pollutants or for performing more complex expertise.
Discover examples of possible applications for a SEM-EDX microscope, specific to your field :
- Fine chemistry / surface treatment
- Luxury goods (Jewelry, Horology, Leathercraft…)
- Cosmetics / pharmaceuticals / medical devices
- Automobiles / aeronautics
- Metallurgy / Nuclear energy
Take advantage of FILAB’s services and of the performance of a latest generation SEM-EDX-FEG :
- An in-lens detector for high resolution pictures down to roughly 1nm with acceleration voltage of approximately 1kV.
- A variable pressure mode (VP) for insulating samples to perform non-destructive analysis on all types of materials (without metallization)
- A transfer airlock which allows “large” samples to be rapidly and cleanly inserted
- An 80mm² Energy-dispersive X-ray probe for performing semi-quantitative chemical analyses and mapping even on lighter elements
The positive aspects of FILAB
- Technical expertise and extensive experience in many sectors of industry
- Direct contact with one of our experts
- Fast turnaround (24h priority service available)
- Possibility to attend the analysis process
- Competitive pricing
How to contact us ?
For more information, contact us via email at email@example.com or over the phone by calling +33 (0)3 80 52 32 05