To be informed of the latest news
ToF-SIMS analysis in a laboratory
What do we mean by outermost surface analysis?
Time-of-Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (or ToF-SIMS) is an analytical technique used to obtain elemental and molecular data on the substances present on the outermost layer of a solid sample.
The technique consists in bombarding the analyzed surface using a pulsed ion beam (Ga+, Bin+, Au+, C60+…) to produce secondary ions from the first atomic monolayers of the sample. These ions, whether they be positively or negatively charged, are then focused and accelerated in an analyzer inside of which their time of flight is dependent on their mass. By coupling this machine to a primary ion gun, it is possible to map out the different chemical elements and molecules present on the surface of a sample.
ToF-SIMS is therefore a highly sensitive surface analysis technique allowing for detection limits of chemical elements or molecules down into the ppm range.
Your needs : to characterize the chemical composition of the outermost layer of a sample using ToF-SIMS
Analysis or expertise of the elemental or molecular composition of an outermost layer of the surface of a sample using ToF-SIMS can be implemented in various contexts :
– Expertise using ToF-SIMS as part of an R&D project associated with optimizing a glue assembly process (characterization of the chemical functions of a surface)
– Identification of a deposit or of a contaminant found on a material’s surface (elemental and molecular diagnostics)
– Evaluation of the surface functionalization of a product allowing for its performance in terms of adhesiveness, mechanical bonding, etc. to be improved.
These outermost layer analyses allow you to overcome your various industrial challenges relating to product failures and contaminant identification while ensuring that your products are compliant with relevant standards.
Our solution : to provide ToF-SIMS analysis techniques specific to your requests with reliable results
FILAB is a multidisciplinary laboratory providing analysis and expertise services, some of which are carried out with ISO 17025 accreditation from COFRAC :
- Outermost surface layer characterization
- Mass spectrometry analyses of SIMS secondary ions
- Elemental or molecular identification using ToF-SIMS
- Deposit or contaminant diagnostics
- Failure expertise (product ageing, mechanical disbonding, adhesive problems)
- Development and optimization of the surface functionality of a material as part of R&D
To meet your analytical needs relating to ToF-SIMS, FILAB laboratory has multidisciplinary expertise as well as a cutting-edge analytical fleet allowing for quick reactivity and reliable results for various industrial requests.
For more information about or analytical services, feel free to contact us !
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²