To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory analysis and characterization of a powder
Your needs : to reliably characterize the physicochemical properties of your powders
A powder is an assembly of solid heterogeneous particles dispersed in a continuous gaseous phase, between which a multitude of interactions (e.g. Van der Waals) take place. So, depending on the nature of the powder and its properties, the reactions with its environment can be infinite. It is therefore essential to characterise the physico-chemical properties of a powder in order to make the best use of it in the production process.
Which physicochemical properties are used to characterize a powder?
This can be determined using the XRD technique (X-Ray Diffraction).
This can be determined using the BET technique which measures the powder’s porosity.
This can be determined using the SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope) technique.
Depending on the nature of the powder, this can be determined using different separative techniques such as GC-MS and LC-MS/MS or using other techniques such as ICP-AES or ICP-MS…
Particle Size Distribution can be determined using granulometric techniques such as Laser Granulometry or DCS…
Our services relating to powders
For over 30 years, FILAB laboratory has had the experience and the specific analytical fleet to be able to assist industrial companies using different analytical techniques : XRD, SEM-EDX, BET, Laser Granulometry…
Support from a laboratory with expertise in powder analysis such as FILAB allows you to better overcome strategic challenges and changes in your field.
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²
Around this topic
- PAH powder characterisation laboratory according to ISO 13779-6
- Particle characterisation according to ASTM F1877 for all types of debris
- Determination of grain size according to NF EN ISO 643 on steels
- Grain size determination according to ASTM E112 for any type of alloy
- Powder characterisation according to Ma-0015
- Analysis of the density of a powder in the laboratory
- Laboratory analysis of bulk density
- Tap density measurement laboratory
- Ceramic powder characterization laboratory
- Respirable crystalline silica determination (according to the SWERF method)
- Additive manufacturing: powders at the heart of material-laser interaction
- Laboratory analysis and characterization of medical powders
- Laboratory analysis of powder purity
- Laboratory analysis of the chemical composition of a powder
- FILAB laboratory characterizes your powders by X-ray Diffraction (XRD)
- Particle size distribution measurement of your powders in accordance with the ISO 13320 standard
- Laboratory analysis and characterization of HAP powder in accordance with the ISO 13779-3 standard
- Laboratory analysis and characterization as part of additive manufacturing
- FILAB laboratory: Analysis and characterization of PAH powders according to NF ISO 13779-3 standard
- Laboratory flowability testing of metallic and ceramic powders