To be informed of the latest news
The FILAB laboratory characterizes the nature of a deposit or pollution
What is a deposit?
A deposit or pollution can be metallic, mineral or organic in nature. However, the origin of a deposit is not always easy to identify. It may be present as soon as the raw material is received, it may appear during the production process, or it may be present in the final environment.
The deposit may be identified in isolation, or on the surface of a material. In the second case, environmental interactions and attacks can lead to the formation of residual particles on the surface of a material, known as a deposit or pollution.
What impact does a deposit or pollution have on the viability of a material?
The performance of a material is directly linked to its surface properties. Thus, the formation of a deposit or the presence of pollution on a material can lead to material failure. This failure may be :
- visual (appearance of a stain, irregularities, color change, etc.)
- functional (adhesion problems, harmfulness, etc.)
Thus, qualifying the cleanliness of a surface according to legal or in-house standards is an essential action in the production or maintenance process of a material. The identification of the chemical nature of a deposit, or of pollution by an analysis laboratory, will enable us to define the actions required to eliminate it before it is placed on the market.
A team of experts offers you expert appraisal and analysis techniques for deposits and pollution.
Our deposit analysis services
For over 20 years FILAB has had the necessary experience and scientific equipment to be able to assist different companies with deposit analysis and surface characterization by providing tailored support. FILAB analysis your challenges and helps you in understanding your results by providing the following expertise services :
Why FILAB ?
(Staves available on www.cofrac.com - Accreditation number: 1-1793)
- Industrial process inventory
- Bibliographic study
- Audit to understand failure
- Determining root cause
- Industrial process optimization
Around this topic
- Laboratory analysis of organic deposits
- On-site audit by a laboratory
- Determination of the chemical nature of a deposit in the laboratory
- Identification of unknown deposit in laboratory
- Laboratory analysis of surface deposits and particles
- Laboratory for the analysis of pollution on metal parts
- Identification of a foreign body in the laboratory
- Identification of contaminants by SEM
- Automotive contaminant analysis according to ISO 16232
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM-EDX) deposit analysis laboratory
- Identification of the nature of an unknown powder in a laboratory
- Laboratory analysis of unknown matter
- Deposit characterization : FILAB’s methodological process
- Air and dust analysis laboratory in your work environment
- Laboratory identification and count of particulate contaminants
- Validation of cleaning processes for the pharmaceutical industry
- Laboratory analysis and characterization of residues and deposits
- Laboratory expertise and analysis of corrosion
- Raw material purity analysis in a laboratory