To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory for the analysis of foreign bodies in cosmetic products.
You wish to analyze a foreign body present in your cosmetic product?
Throughout the manufacturing process, there are many sources of contamination that can lead to the appearance of a foreign body in cosmetic products. Foreign bodies can be of several types, organic, mineral or metallic.
In addition to deteriorating the performance of your product, a foreign body can also be harmful to the consumer. Thus, the identification of this foreign body and the readjustment of the production process is an essential step.
FILAB assists cosmetic manufacturers in the identification and investigation of foreign bodies in their products
FILAB offers cosmetics manufacturers high-level human skills and state-of-the-art analytical equipment in order to provide them with services that meet their compliance criteria in compliance with regulatory standards for all types of products (creams, varnishes, powders, aqueous solutions, etc.).
In order to respond quickly and reliably to these problems, FILAB offers tailor-made support for the identification and analysis of foreign bodies:
- Characterization of a foreign body by SEM-FEG-EDX, FTIR, GCMS, Optical Miscroscope…
- Search for a trace of a specific component (packaging, cleaning residues, equipment…).
- Purity analysis of a cosmetic product
- Search for impurities (ICH Q3D context)
- Analysis of particles and contaminants
- Assistance in the creation of a defect library
- Process audit
Our analytical means to determine the presence of foreign bodies:
- Organic chemicals: GCMS, Py-GCMS, LC-MSMS, LC-QTOF-MS, GPC, NMR, FTIR, RAMAN
- Inorganic chemicals: ICP, CI
- Thermal: ATG, ATG-FTIR, DSC
- Powders : XRD, SEM-FEG EDX, BET, Laser particle size analysis
- Surface : SEM-FEG EDX, XPS, TOF-SIMS
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²