To be informed of the latest news
Chemical analysis in a laboratory using Mass Spectrometry (MS)
Your needs: to determine the chemical composition of a substance
Mass spectrometry is an analytical technique used to determine the molecular mass of molecules present in a given substance with the aim of identifying them. This technique is used in a wide variety of scientific applications and is well known for its fast detection speed and its precision down to less than 1ppm.
For quantitative or qualitative analyses, you are searching for a specialized laboratory possessing the means for performing mass spectrometry analysis to assist you in routine analyses or as part of larger scale projects.
Our solution: to combine mass spectrometry with other analytical tools to give your precise and reliable results
FILAB uses its varied analytical fleet to offer up a large selection of analyses for any given matrix. To achieve a higher degree of precision, our mass spectrometer is often coupled to :
- Gas Chromatography analysis (GC-MS)
- Liquid Chromatography analysis with double MS detection (LC-MS/MS)
- ICP-MS analysis
- HR-MS analysis
These analytical techniques allow us to provide the following services :
- To determine the molecular mass of an organic compound
- To analyze unknown spikes using LC-MS/MS and GC-MS
- To find impurities that lead to a fault
- To evaluate the conformity of raw materials or of a finished product
- To detect trace amounts of heavy metals
- To develop analytical techniques specific to your products, including mass spectrometry
With its dual expertise in chemistry and materials science, FILAB can assist you with your analytical needs.