To be informed of the latest news
Extractable and Leachable testing on cosmetic packaging
Are you looking to conduct Extractable and Leachable testing on your cosmetic products?
A study of extractables allows industrialists to assess the risk of substances migrating from a container (packaging) into its contents (cosmetic products).
The study of extractables in cosmetic products looks for different kinds of materials and compounds : polymer additives, plasticizers, stabilizers, dyes, metal catalysts and other chemicals presenting a contamination risk for cosmetic products.
All these elements susceptible of coming into contact with cosmetics, from the production process to the packing process, need to be analyzed and monitored to ensure that no foreign compound finds its way into a cosmetic product.
To solve these problems, you are looking to cooperate with a reliable analytical laboratory offering high added technical value.
FILAB laboratory offers its dual expertise in chemistry and materials science to test your cosmetic packaging
FILAB has developed a diverse skillset in analytical chemistry applicable to the field of extractable testing for the cosmetics industry. Our laboratory is equipped with a cutting-edge analytical fleet spread over 2100m² and offers a high level of technical skill to provide its clients with services fulfilling their compliance criteria for the study of extractables from cosmetics.
FILAB is able to provide tailored services for your extractable substances :
- Compatibility testing (container/contents interactions, extractables and leachables)
- Migration testing from packaging into a cosmetic product
- Detection of unwanted or regulated substances in packaging for finished products : heavy metals, residual solvents, phthalates, bisphenol A…
- Determination of active ingredients : organic and inorganic solar filters, vitamins…
- Characterization of cosmetic packaging
- Expert failure analysis : particulates, deposits, unknown spikes, material degradation…
- Procedural optimization
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²