To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory of surface analysis by Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
The FILAB laboratory performs surface analysis by Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
The surface of a material being exposed to the external environment is often more vulnerable than the rest of the material. In case of corrosion, wear, adhesion or friction it can deteriorate and impact the reliability of the product.
The analysis of a material’s surface, especially by SEM, allows you to adapt your manufacturing processes as well as the implementation of surface treatment or cleaning processes. The support of a laboratory specialized in surface analysis will provide you with the expertise and the analysis tools to carry out your controls.
SEM surface analysis: a specific expertise of the FILAB laboratory
For more than 20 years, FILAB has had the experience and specific analytical equipment to meet the need for surface and extreme surface analysis, particularly by SEM, on all types of materials (metallic, polymer, ceramic). Thanks to a tailor-made support, FILAB laboratory analyses your industrial problems related to surface analysis and advises you until the interpretation of the results.
- Analysis of the chemical composition of the surface by SEM-FEG-EDX, XPS or TOF-SIMS
- Analysis and characterization of surface treatment by SEM-FEG-EDX
- Morphological study of the surface of a material (porosity, roughness,…) by SEM-FEG-EDX
- Identification of surface pollution (analysis of particles, deposits,…) by SEM-FEG-EDX
- Measurement of the thickness of surface layers by SEM-FEG-EDX
- Characterization of the surface coating by SEM-FEG-EDX
- Study of failures and surface defects by SEM-FEG-EDX (cracking, breakage, migration, corrosion…)
Through our three levels of services – analysis, expertise and R&D support – FILAB assists companies of all sectors and sizes in solving their industrial problems, by providing its clients with the know-how and experience of its team.