To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory analysis of Azodicarbonamide (CAS No.123-77-3)
What is Azodicarbonamide (CAS No.123-77-3)?
Azodicarbonamide is a molecule often found in the form of an odorless reddish yellow powder and is used as a food additive (E927). It is a chemical blowing agent added to flour in order to improve dough. However, it is not used in the European Union as a flour treatment agent.
Azodicarbonamide is also used in foaming plastics to make them stronger, lighter, spongy and more malleable.
This molecule is also known as a chemical processing agent for thermoplastics and epoxy resins, its gas yield of 220 ml/g makes it very economical.
Azodicarbonamide is also a solid explosive. It can explode on impact or by friction, heat or other means with rapid decomposition to produce large quantities of gas.
Our solution : to analyze Azodicarbonamide (CAS No.123-77-3)
Techniques used to analyze azodicarbonamide
Thanks to the complementarity of our analytical tools and our dual expertise in chemistry and materials science, FILAB laboratory is able to carry out physicochemical analysis to characterize the presence of azodicarbonamide in your industrial materials :
- Determination of azodicarbonamide
- Assessment of a product’s composition compared to their SDS
- Chemical analysis of varnish and resin
- Polymer analysis
- Accelerated aging test on a product containing azodicarbonamide
- Reverse engineering of a product to assess the presence of azodicarbonamide
- Analytical development and validation
To carry out these various services, FILAB laboratory uses a wide variety of analytical techniques such as :
- Thermal analysis by DSC or TGA
- Chromatographic analysis (GC-MS or HPLC) to identify any volatile azodicarbonamide
- Spectrometric analysis (FTIR, ICP-MS and ICP-AES) to measure the presence of azodicarbonamide in a polymer
Why call on FILAB to analyze azodicarbonamide ?
With three levels of services – analysis, expertise and R&D support – FILAB assists companies from all sectors and of all sizes in overcoming their industrial challenges by sharing its technical know-how and the wealth of experience of its team with its clients.
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²