To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory analysis of silica-based products, substances and materials
Your needs : to analyze the presence of silica in your products substances and materials as part of inspections
What is silica ?
Silica is an inorganic chemical substance which is part of the composition of many minerals.
Silica exists in two forms :
- Its amorphous form : silica gel, diatomite, colloidal silica…
- Its crystalline form : quartz, granite, cristobalite, tridymite…
Its amorphous from is used to combat certain insects such as fleas, tics and bedbugs. Crystalline silica is used as a raw material for numerous materials (concrete, adhesive, paint, rubber or even ceramic materials).
Crystalline silica : what are the risks ?
The crystalline form does not just have positive aspects because it also poses a health risk. Crystalline silica was classified by the International Cancer Research Agency as a carcinogen since 1997.
In a professional setting, some fields are particularly exposed to silica inhalation (construction, smelting, ceramics, porcelain, glasswork…) which can lead to illnesses such as silicosis.
Our solution : to analyze and characterization your silica-based products substances and materials
As major industrialists from any field, you are looking to monitor the presence of silica in your substances and materials to ensure that they fall in line with relevant standards.
To overcome challenges surrounding silica, FILAB laboratory is able to provide various services :
- Determination of silicon content by ICP-AES
- Analysis of crystalline silica (quartz, cristobalite…)
- XRD crystallinity measurements
- Determination of silica content in accordance with the EP (Monography 01/2017 : 1562)
- Nanometric examination of silica-based raw materials
- Granulometric analysis of silica particles
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²