To be informed of the latest news
DETERMINATION OF 1,4-DIOXANE IN COSMETIC PRODUCTS
New! FILAB is COFRAC ISO 17025 accredited for the determination of phthalates DIBP, DnBP, DPP in limit test at 1 mg/kg by GC-MS, in cosmetic products such as lotion.
Your needs: control the presence of 1,4-dioxane in your cosmetic products
1,4-dioxane is considered a toxic impurity for humans. However, this substance is found in certain cosmetic products such as shampoos, deodorants or toothpastes. Indeed, 1,4-dioxane is used as a foaming agent in cosmetic products.
1,4-dioxane is derived from the synthesis of epoxyethane and is considered as a degradation product obtained during the manufacturing process of a cosmetic product.
You are looking for a reliable and reactive laboratory for the analysis and determination of 1,4-dioxane in your cosmetic products.
Our solutions: to accompany you in the determination of impurities such as 1,4 dioxane in your cosmetic products (MP or PF) according to precise analytical methods.
For more than ten years, FILAB laboratory has developed numerous skills in chemical analysis and material characterization. The FILAB laboratory has a state-of-the-art analytical park of more than 2100 m2 and high-level human skills in order to offer its customers services that meet their compliance criteria for the determination of 1,4-dioxane in cosmetic products.
FILAB offers tailor-made services for the analysis of your cosmetics:
- Analysis and determination of 1,4-dioxane in your cosmetics by chromatographic techniques: HS-GCMS, GCMS, HPLC-UV…
- Analysis of undesirable substances on raw materials and finished products: heavy metals, residual solvents, phthalates, bisphenol A…
- Determination of active ingredients: organic and mineral sunscreens, vitamins…
- Determination of preservatives (phenoxyethanol, parabens, chlorphenesin…) by HPLC-UV, HPLC-MSMS and GC-MS
- Analytical validation according to ISO 12787
- Expertise on non-conformities: particles, deposits, unknown peaks, material degradation…
Compatibility studies (container/content interaction, extractables and leachables)
- Laboratory audit and team training