To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory analysis of additives
Your needs : to analyze the different properties and the performance of an additive by studying its composition
An additive is a chemical substance added to the composition of a material or product to improve its final properties. It is important to distinguish food additives (dyes, preservatives, sweeteners) from polymer additives (heat resistance, elasticity, plasticity…) and from additives put into industrial paints and varnishes.
As part of the development or optimization processes of a product, of changes in regulations, or following a product failure, you are looking to characterize and determine the additive contents of your products with support from a specialized laboratory.
Our solution : to provide you with our analytical equipment and the expertise of our engineers for your analyses and for the optimization of your industrial additives
Thanks to the fact that our facilities complement each other well and our dual expertise in chemistry and materials science, FILAB can perform physicochemical analyses to characterize the presence of additive in your industrial materials :
- Determination of the additive contents of a product
- Inspection of the composition of a product compared to its SDS
- Accelerated aging tests on products containing additives
- Product reverse engineering to determine the presence of additives
- Analytical development and validation
To provide these services, FILAB laboratory uses a wide range of analytical techniques :
- DSC or ATG thermal analyses
- Chromatographical analyses (GC-MS or HPLC) to identify volatile additives
- Spectrometric analyses (FTIR, ICP-MS and ICP-AES) to measure the presence of an additive in a polymer
With three levels of services – analysis, expertise and R&D support – FILAB assists companies from all sectors and of all sizes in overcoming their industrial challenges by sharing its technical know-how and the wealth of experience of its team with its clients.