To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory molecular analysis and characterization
Your needs: to identify the chemical composition of a molecule
In the field of chemical analysis and characterization, elemental analysis is an essential tool to be able to understand cellular and molecular mechanisms. This type of analysis consists of determining the proportions of atoms making up a chemical element and identifying their nature : this process is called molecular characterization.
Each substance has different specific properties such as density, melting temperature, boiling temperature as well as a unique molecular weight which is what is used to identify and characterize them.
Molecular characterization and good knowledge of the chemical elements that make up your product will allow you to:
- Verify that your products comply with your scope statement and with standards
- Adapt your production processes to prevent defects from appearing
- Test the compatibility of a chemical substance with its environment
Depending on the nature of chemical elements, the characterization techniques being used will be different and more or less complex. Therefore, support from a specialized laboratory equipped with a diverse analytical fleet will give you access to all the tools you will need to conduct your elemental analyses.
Our solution: to provide molecular characterization services specific to your requests and to give quick and reliable results
As an independent laboratory situated in Dijon, France, FILAB can assist you with your endeavors relating to molecular characterization and identification to fulfil your needs for quality, safety and good performance.
Our experts work on many analysis and molecular characterization services, some of which are provided under ISO 17025 accreditation:
- C, H, O, N, S elemental analyses
- ICP inorganic analyses (ICP-AES and ICP-MS)
- Heavy metal analysis and determination
- Detection of elemental impurities
- Determination of metallic alloy grades
- Analytical development and validation
FILAB is a multisectoral laboratory equipped with a vast and modern analytical fleet making it possible to carry out molecular characterizations on any kind of sample (organics, metallic alloys, heavy metals…):
- NMR chemical analyses
- Atomic emission spectroscopy: ICP-MS and ICP-MS
- C/S, N/O, H elemental analyzers
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) coupled to an EDX probe
- OES spark spectrometry
- Mercury amalgamator
- And more…
As an independent laboratory with a team made up of highly qualified personnel, FILAB guarantees the reliability of its results, a quick turnaround for requests and tailored support for clients.
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²