To be informed of the latest news
Fracture of a metal part produced by additive manufacturing
Your needs: Analyse the failure of your metal parts resulting from additive manufacturing
First of all, what is additive manufacturing?
Additive manufacturing is a different manufacturing process from the traditional one. In fact, additive manufacturing is based on the successive stacking of powder fused by a laser beam.
It is a method that offers various advantages, notably :
- a very large variety of shapes that can be produced,
- objects that cannot be made in one piece with traditional
- means can easily be made in several copies
- Minimisation of the impact of assembly operations and material costs
Why analyse the fractures in your additive manufacturing parts?
The quality of the parts produced by additive manufacturing depends on various factors. Indeed, the granulometry of the powder and the shape of the particles have a direct impact on the final quality. Thus, the analysis of the failures of your parts allows you to better know your material and thus, better understand its potential failures.
Therefore, the support of a laboratory specialised in additive manufacturing is a significant asset for the optimisation of your parts.
FILAB supports you in analysing the failure of your additive manufacturing parts
For more than 30 years, our FILAB laboratory has had the experience and specific analytical equipment to support manufacturers in all sectors with different analytical techniques: XRD, SEM-EDX, BET, laser granulometry, etc.
Examples of services
- Characterisation of metal powders according to Ma-0015
- Deformation of a powder
- Measurement of the specific surface of metal powders
- Purity control of a powder
- Flowability measurement of metallic and ceramic powders
- Morphological analysis of powders by SEM
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²