To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory analysis of cosmetic contaminants
Your needs : to identify any contaminants found in your cometic products
What is a contamination ?
A contamination is characterized by the unexpected presence of substance having a negative impact on the production of a cosmetic product. A contaminant can be found both in raw materials and in the finished product or can appear at any point during the production process. The issue of contamination is closely related to the issue of size. This is because contaminants are often very small and cannot be seen with the naked eye.
In what context should you search for contaminants in your cosmetic products ?
The analysis of contaminants found in cosmetic products is useful in two cases :
- Compliance testing : in this case, the analyses are carried out to verify that a product complies with relevant regulations (heavy metal analysis, nanomaterial analysis, chemical determinations…)
- Failure analyses : when a contamination appears during the production process, compromising the release of entire batches of product (dust contaminants, cross contamination, deposits, discoloration…)
Our solution : to analyze contaminants found in cosmetic products
Techniques used by FILAB for the analysis of cosmetic contaminations
For over 20 years FILAB laboratory has had the experience and analytical fleet needed to be able to fulfil requests for the analysis and characterization of contaminants found in cosmetic products :
- Chemical analysis of particulate contaminations by SEM-EDX
- Nanomaterial characterization by SEM-EDX
- Identification and characterization of contaminants by SEM-EDX
Why call on FILAB for the analysis of contaminants found in your cosmetic products ?
By providing tailored support, FILAB laboratory analyzes your problems and assists you interpreting your results. To identify contaminants of unknown origin, our experts are able to visit your location to carry out an audit and suggest corrective measures.
FILAB laboratory guarantees the reliability of its analytical results, ensures a quick turnaround for your requests and provides tailored support for its clients.
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²