To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory analysis of surface chemistry
Analysis of surface chemistry, one of FILAB’s many skills
Surface chemistry is the study of the surface properties of materials. Surface chemistry can be used to alter the chemical properties of surfaces to give them new properties better adapted to a material’s use. Surface chemistry can be used to analyze varnishes, coatings, specific industrial treatments, paints, etc.
Our analytical techniques relating to surface chemistry
FILAB laboratory is equipped with a cutting-edge analytical fleet and has extensive multisectoral expertise making it possible for us to reliably fulfil requests from industrial clients for surface chemistry analyses.
Our laboratory is able to use multiple complementary analytical techniques such as :
Our competence and our dual expertise in chemistry and materials science ensures that our complete, reliable services will fulfil your needs for surface analysis. These techniques are complementary to our other means for surface analysis such as SEM FEG EDX or Optical Microscopy.
Examples of problems resolved by the analysis of surface chemistry
In the medical field :
- Surface cleanliness assessment of a Medical Device as part of the validation process for a cleaning procedure
- Identification of residual detergents on the surface of an implant with the use of complementary techniques such as ToF-SIMS and XPS
- Characterization of the surface of a Medical Device : morphology by FESEM, elemental surface analysis by XPS, molecular characterization by ToF-SIMS, detection of contaminants…
- Assessment of an adhesive problem when painting a material (elemental identification of a pollutant by XPS or FESEM, molecular analysis by ToF-SIMS…)
- Identification of sizing agent found on the surface of fibers used to make composite materials
- Characterization of a passivation procedure for aluminum alloy
- Identification of a pollution present at the interface of an assembly causing an adhesive problem
- Failure analysis following a loss in performance
- Identification of contaminants found on the interior surface of glass bottles
- Outermost layer characterization of packaging displaying sealing problems
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²