To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory analysis of PTFE
You want to perform a PTFE analysis
PTFE in a few words
First of all, the acronym PTFE stands for “polytetrafluoroethylene”. PTFE is a soft, easily deformable, semi-crystalline, opaque polymer that can be used in food applications. It is resistant to most chemicals, has an extremely low coefficient of friction and remains stable up to 327°C.
Why perform a PTFE analysis?
Determining the properties of your PTFE is essential in production process or end product control issues. A complete knowledge of the properties of your PTFE is also necessary to anticipate their evolution in their environment of use.
Indeed, PTFE is used in a large number of applications such as :
- Chemical instrumentation (especially for superacids)
- Non-stick coating of kitchen utensils
- Waterproof clothing
- Leak tester in plumbing
Thus, the support of a versatile and competent PTFE analysis laboratory is essential to address the full range of PTFE-related issues.
FILAB supports you in your PTFE analysis needs
Our technical resources
- Determination of molecular weight and polydispersity by GPC
- Characterisation of polymers by FTIR, DSC, ATG, ATG-FTIR, GPC, NMR, SEM...
- Determination of polymer crystallinity by DSC
- Viscosity index measurement on polymer
- Study of thermal properties by DSC, ATG, ATG-FTIR
- Determination of cross-linking rate by DSC
- Deformation of polymers
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²