To be informed of the latest news
Analysis laboratory according to the R-Nano regulation
What is the R-Nano declaration?
Since January 1, 2013, the date of entry into force of Decree No. 2012-232 of February 17, 2012, French manufacturers, importers or distributors of a substance, mixture or material in a nanoparticulate state (quantity greater than 100 grams/year) are subject to a declaration of use, as well as the obligation to provide physico-chemical data on them. The objective of this decree is to ensure the traceability of the use of nanomaterials in order to have a better knowledge of the market and of the volumes commercialized, and to be able to set up effective actions if the evolution of knowledge on the risks related to the use of nanoparticles/nanomaterials were to grow strongly.
How does FILAB support you in the classification of nanomaterials for the R-NANO declaration?
FILAB offers a range of services based on nanomaterials and in particular on R-NANO. Our laboratories are equipped with a wide range of technologies for the characterization of nanomaterials.
FILAB supports you on :
– Review of existing analytical data
– Generation of additional data on nanoparticle characteristics
Our nanomaterial analysis services:
- Chemical analysis of nanoparticle-based product composition and trace analysis (ICP-AES, ICP-MS)
- Determination of the size and shape of nanoparticles by SEM
- Counting and particle size distribution by SEM, DLS, Laser particle size analysis
- Surface characterization of nanoparticles and/or coated nanoparticles, Zeta potential, ATG, SEM, FTIR, Raman, Tof-SIMS or XPS
- Specific surface measurement by BET and density measurement by Helium Pycnometry
- Development and validation of analytical methods specific to nanomaterials
- Testing of container/content interactions
- Detection and analysis of nanoparticles by SP-ICP-MS and A4F-ICPMS
- Bibliographic and regulatory study on nanomaterials
- Training on nanomaterials
*Our scope of accreditation includes :
- Size and shape distribution of nanoparticles by SEM-EDX
- Size determination of nanoparticles by SP-ICPMS
(More information on www.cofrac.fr – accreditation n°1-1793)
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²