To be informed of the latest news
Study of delamination phenomena in the laboratory
What is delamination?
In industry, delamination is the property of a material to shear through its thickness longitudinally.
The phenomenon of delamination concerns complex films and laminated composite materials. It can also occur on fibers, on steel parts with a protective layer, in materials composed of polymers.
The support and guidance of an analysis laboratory with specific techniques for the study of surface coatings allow manufacturers to gain in efficiency and quality on their materials.
Study of delamination phenomena: a specific expertise of the FILAB laboratory
For more than 20 years, the FILAB laboratory has had the experience and specific analytical equipment to meet the need for expertise on materials, and in part the study of delamination phenomena on all types of materials (metallic, polymer, films…). The following techniques can be solicited:
- Microstructural observation by Optical Microscope and Scanning Electron Microscope
- Extreme surface analysis by TOF-SIMS and XPS
- Identification of surface pollution (analysis of particles, deposits,…)
- Study of failures and thickness defects by SEM (crack, rupture, migration, corrosion…)
- Development of surface treatment processes
- Roughness analysis by AFM
Through our three levels of services – analysis, expertise and R&D support – FILAB assists companies of all sectors and sizes in solving their industrial problems, by providing its clients with the know-how and experience of its team.
For more information, contact our expert at email@example.com – tel: 03.80.52.32.05
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team
Responsiveness in responding to and processing requests
A complete analytical park of 2100m²