Services d’analyses associés
- 03 80 52 32 05
- Mon - Fri : 8.00 - 18.00
- FILAB Laboratory - Chemical analysis, Material expertise, R & D and Consulting support
Validation services for analytical methods in a laboratory
Why is it important to have an analytical method validated ?
Whatever your field, validation of an analytical method allows you to ensure the reliability and the tractility of results from a lab analysis on any given matrix.
What are the factors to take into account during the validation process ?
These are the main criteria to consider while validating an analytical method :
- Specificity (or selectivity)
- Intermediate reliability
- Detection limit (LoD) quantification limit (LoQ)
- Uncertainty of the measurement
What are the preexisting regulations surrounding the validation of analytical methods ?
Many available standards cover the validation of analytical methods and approval criteria, such as:
- ISO 17025:2005 : General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories
- ISO 5725-1:1994 : Accuracy (trueness and precision) of measurement methods and results
- Part 1: General principles and definitions
- Part 2: Basic method for the determination of repeatability and reproducibility of a standard measurement method
- FDA Guidance for Industry (July 2015): Analytical Procedures and Methods Validation for Drugs and Biologics
- ICH Q2 (R1) : Validation of analytical methods : text and methodology
- NF T90-210 May 2009 : water quality - protocol for the initial method performance assessment in a laboratory
- NF V03-110 May 2010 : Analysis of foodstuffs - Protocol of characterization for the validation of a quantitative method of analysis by construction of an accuracy profile
- Citac / Eurachem Guide: Quality control in Analytical Chemistry
- Analytical validation guide : SFSTP commission report – I methodology
FILAB can assist you in validating your analytical methods
For over ten years, FILAB has been building up extensive experience in validating new analytical methods, whatever the techniques involved : GC-MS, HPLC-MSMS, ICP-MS, ICP-AES…
Today we can provide custom validation services or we can assist you in setting up a validation study or help with processing statistics.
The FILAB laboratory also provides other similar analytical services, all with high added value :
- Analytical development
- Custom chemical analyses
- Elemental analysis
- Impurity analysis
- Material characterization
- Heavy metal analysis
For more information, feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com or over the phone by calling +33 (0)3 80 52 32 05