To be informed of the latest news
Laboratory analysis of Zinc-based alloys
Chemical analysis of zinc and zinc alloys : one of FILAB’s specialties
Zinc is the third most widely used transition metal behind iron and copper. One of its main characteristics is its good resistance to corrosion. Due to this, zinc is mainly used for galvanization, which is the process of depositing zinc on the surface of steel to protect it from corrosion. Galvanized products are used to manufacture automobiles, home appliances and industrial equipment.
It is also used to produce pigments used in dyes, varnishes and in the production of phytosanitary products.
For over 20 years, FILAB laboratory has been providing hundreds of clients with metallurgical analysis services for zinc-based samples and other analytical services with ISO 17025 accreditation.
FILAB laboratory offers its experience and specific skillset to assess the chemical composition and the quality of your zinc-based samples.
Our analytical fleet dedicated to the analysis of zinc alloys:
- ICP-AES elemental analysis techniques
- Spark Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES)
- C,H,O,N,S elemental analysis
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM-EDX)
To go even further: our expertise of zinc alloys…
As well as routine metallurgical analyses, FILAB laboratory is able to provide its skills in metallurgical expertise and failure analysis for your zinc-based samples :
- Metallographic examination of a zinc alloy
- Compliance testing in regard to relevant standards
- Zinc coating thickness measurement on metallic parts
- Study of corrosive resistance
- Study of fissures
- Surface analysis and characterization (rugosity, defects…)
- Accelerated aging tests (corrosion, surface alteration…)