- 03 80 52 32 05
- Mon - Fri : 8.00 - 18.00
- FILAB Laboratory - Chemical analysis, Material expertise, R & D and Consulting support
Laboratory analysis of heavy metals
Your needs : to ensure that your products are comply with regulations regarding heavy metals
Certain heavy metals are indispensable in industry (Lead, Chromium…) however, others are particularly toxic (Mercury, Titanium…) and so their use is highly regulated in sectors such as the food, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries.
In light of this, industrial companies are required to inspect and analyze the heavy metal contents of their finished products and raw materials.
Download our brochure on Heavy Metals in cosmetic products
Our solution : to provide our analytical services and technical facilities adapted to your products in order to detect the presence of heavy metals
FILAB provides its expertise and cutting-edge analytical fleet (ICP-MS, ICP-AES, AAS, Mercury analyzer / amalgamator ) for elemental analysis of heavy metals (Lead, Mercury, Arsenic, Cadmium, Nickle, Antimony…) and for heavy metal determination on all kinds of materials.
For over 20 years our laboratory has been providing analytical services and performing elemental analyses.
Some examples of services FILAB can provide :
- Screening and determination of heavy metals using ICP-MS or ICP-AES in chemical matrices : treatment baths, materials, raw materials…
- ICP-MS heavy metal analysis of raw materials used in cosmetics : natural mica, sericites, metallic oxides (Titanium oxide, Zinc oxide, Iron oxides…), talc, clay…
- Quantitative analysis of heavy metals in cosmetic products using ICP-MS : lipstick, mascara, eyeliner…
- Elemental impurity analysis of pharmaceutical products using ICP in accordance with USP 233 (ICH Q3D standard)
- Inorganic analysis
- Determination and analysis of Chromium VI
- Determination of heavy metals or trace amounts of catalysts in packaging materials
- Metallic impurity analysis of Medical Devices and of cosmetic products
- Mercury analysis using an amalgamator
- Analytical development and validation using ICP-MS or ICP-AES
Why call on FILAB to analyze your heavy metals ?
Since October 2015 FILAB laboratory has been ISO 17025 accredited by COFRAC for the determination of metallic impurities in raw materials and in pharmaceutical products, in accordance with standards described in the European Pharmacopoeia 2.4.20 and the American Pharmacopoeia USP 233.
With three levels of services – analysis, expertise and R&D support – FILAB assists companies from all sectors and of all sizes in overcoming their industrial challenges by sharing its technical know-how and the wealth of experience of its team with its clients.
FILAB is CIR (Crédit Impôt Recherche) approved to assist you in the best possible conditions.
The positive aspects of FILAB
A highly qualified team made up doctors and engineers
Reactiveness and quick processing time for requests
COFRAC ISO 17025 accredited laboratory
Complete analytical fleet spread over 2100m²
Tailored support for customers